UDS always looks to simply air freight shipping procedures, as a result creating a hassle free service for our customers.
Our breadth of experience combined with our strong network of agents within the UK and worldwide we are able to create a simplified service taking care of your cargo, documentation and customs clearance support.
Our service is as simple as letting us know a convenient date and time along with your pick up location, a member of our team will collect your items at your specified time.
We pride ourselves in providing an efficient and effective service, being situated by close to Heathrow airport means we have a wide range of access nationwide and worldwide.
Customs Clearance Charges for Air Freight Import
Charges to Be Expected
- Standard Customs Clearance: £45. This charge is made by us to customs to clear your shipment.
- Airline Handling Charge: This charge is made by the airline and varies (normally £0.22 per kg /minimum £45.
- Airline Bond Transfer Fee: £0.15 per Kilo/minimum £45.
Delivery Charges to your home or business: These charges depend on distance from the airport and the weight and dimensions of the shipment. Standard delivery is from Monday to Friday between 9am - 5pm.
Timed Delivery Charges: These refer to timed delivery in the evenings, early morning and weekends or by a "tail-lift truck" on request and by quotation.
Delivery to an Amazon FBA location is carried out on request with a bespoke quote. You are welcome to collect your shipment from the airport warehouse. terms and conditions apply. Please contact us to find out more.
Other Charges That You Need to Be Aware Of
- Customs Import VAT and Duty. This is mainly for commercial imports or private imports without a TOR.
- Airline Storage. There are no charges on the of arrival 'free time' following this time period storage will be charged at the rate of £18 per kilo or part per day.
- Local Government Fees: health inspection of food or items selected at random for inspection by HMRC or Trading standards.
- HM Customs VAT and Duty: if a fee is required to be paid on the same day you will be charged a £25 bank chaps fee.
- A 15% Agency Fee will be charged in case we advance charges on your behalf to a Government Agency, Carrier or other (minimum £45, per payment made on your behalf). This will be added to your invoice to cover our administrative costs.
What We Need from You
For Personal Imports
- Copy of the airway bill and anything else you may have such as a supplier’s invoice, notice of arrival etc.
- A TOR number. If you do not have a TOR number import taxes may apply.
- A detailed list of contents of the shipment with individual item values.
For Business Imports
- Commercial Imports for a business will require an EORI number. We can help you apply for one if required.
- Copy of invoice and packing list and any other valid Duty Relief Certificate.
- Your deferment account number if you have one.
- Commodity codes or HS Codes given by DTI.